11 March 2009

My Post

______________________________________________

I really like your questions from Murray. 

As someone at the other end of the country from Melbourne - Townsville. I wonder how we can and will be apart of this.

I think the most important question is

How will the Church Planting network help bringing forth the Gospel through planting churches?

Personally I do care what we call it but what we do. As someone from Townsville I would hope that it would not be Sydney-Melbourne centric and to me this plays out into structure, communication and events.

Theologically I am going to be controversial and say that we should set the bar high, which is probably the wrong terminology. My thinking is that we don't make it so broad that it is just "Evangelical" but that we are planting churched that are focused on holding to certain beliefs. I think that this is something that needs a group to sit down and nut this out identify the controversies and where the network would stand. Some of these won't even be core gospel things but might be things like complementarian and egalitarian. I think it is the Gospel Coalition that has a list of things that they DO and DON'T stand for I think this is a good approach as it clarifies the boundaries on both sides. But after saying all that I think it shouldn't be too smaller a door that we don't get anything done. 

TOPH

No comments:

Post a Comment